Retroid Retroid

Well done, but...

This is a fun game as is, but it would be much more fun if there were levels with increasing challenge...the 'marathon' type of gameplay gets tedious and doesn't keep the user coming back the way a series of levels would. I wanted to check out your actionscript, but I never was able to do well enough, and I'm not going to keep trying, its not *that* fun!

Keep 'em coming though.

Icescape Icescape

Great art, but...

But unfortunately the timed aspect greatly reduces the fun factor. I like the frantic, survival nature, but either make the body temperature decrease slower, or eliminate that factor altogether, because for a normal person to play this game, they would have to keep restarting with the knowledge they gained from the last try. Restarting is never fun. An ideal game could be beaten in one go by a clever player, and maybe I'm just not clever enough, but it took my a few times to even get to the dead chef with all the clothes and curry collected.

The art, however, is great! You're very accomplished in this respect, and I hope you make more games, because this was fun even if there were some big flaws in my opinion. Perhaps even consider collaborating with a programmer/game designer on your next project, the result could be professional grade.

One last thing - your text explanations in between levels were pretty lame, and although its not that important, maybe take some more time to write something a little less hokey. Cheers.

Psionic3D responds:

I really didn't want the timer to be much of a factor, more of a background annoyance but it seems I should slow it down a bit...

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated!!

FPA: World 2 demo FPA: World 2 demo

Wonderful

This may be the best, certainly most polished, Flash game I've ever played. I really have no criticism because so far its just amazing (hopefully the Flash community will continue in this direction), but the physics is definitely the best aspect of this engine. The way you could use the shell as a weapon was very very well done, I was hoping I'd be able to and you delivered!

I can see you taking this many different directions, but one Id like to see is a sort of Flash Prince of Persia. Whatever you end up with will be great though.